Azure DevOps Artifacts
Azure Artifacts is an extension that makes it easy to discover, install, and publish NuGet, npm, and Maven packages in Azure DevOps.
It’s deeply integrated with other hubs like Build so that package management can become a seamless part of your existing workflows.
1. The task is used to copy application files and other artifacts that are required in order to install the app; such as PowerShell scripts, PowerShell-DSC modules, and more.
2. We need to first create a service principal for this operation, so either we can use our local PowerShell or the cloud shell .
3. The task supports authentication based on Azure Active Directory. Authentication using a service principal and managed identity are available. For managed identities, only a system-wide managed identity is supported.
4. We need to then create a storage account and then a blob container to store our artifacts coming out of the build.
5. The task supports authentication based on Azure Active Directory. Authentication using a service principal and managed identity are available. For managed identities, only system-wide managed identity is supported.
6. We need to then create a storage account and then a blob container to store our artifacts coming out of the build.
7. Once after the storage account is created , then we need to create a container for our copying purposes.
8. Then we need to come back to the Azure Devops pipeline and then we need to create a service connection between the container we created vs the pipeline.
9. Now include the Azure File copy task ,so that we can copy the artifact from the build pipeline to the azure blob container .
10. Then select the path which we needed to copy to the containers.
11. Then we need to save the project and run the pipeline , so that once the pipeline is completed we will get the output on the blobs.
Now , after the build pipeline is completed , the output we can see it in the blobs.
Similarly we can save the outputs on the below methods and we can follow the same service connections .
- Azure Blobs
- AWS S3 Buckets
- Google Drive
We need to follow the same methods so that based on the project needs we can determine which method we need to implement.
Contact us for Azure DevOps training related query.