Veracode enables you to scan software quickly and cost-effectively for flaws and get actionable source code analysis results. Veracode Security Code Analysis enables you to build software securely at the speed of DevOps, providing application security in development, the release pipeline, and production.
Manage Your Entire Application Security Program in a Single Platform :
Veracode offers a holistic, scalable way to manage security risk across your entire application portfolio.
Veracode is the only solution that can provide visibility into application status across all testing types, including SAST, DAST, SCA, and manual penetration testing, in one centralized view.
Veracode makes writing secure code with designed-for-developer tools, API and workflow integrations, and tips for fixing vulnerabilities and make security a seamless part of your development lifecycle without sacrificing speed or innovation.
With DevSecOps, more of the security responsibility shifts to developers. Veracode gives you security solutions that integrate with your development tools, so security becomes an invisible part of your development process.
Veracode’s automated security tools deliver fast, repeatable and actionable results, without the noise of false positives. This tool integrates into existing development toolchains enabling you to quickly identify and remediate security flaws early in your process and without adding needless steps to the software lifecycle, so you can continue creating high-quality and secure software.
Key Benefits of using Veracode:
- Integrate application security into the development tools you already use: From within Azure DevOps and Team Foundation Server you can automatically scan code using the Veracode Application Security Platform to find security vulnerabilities, import any security findings that violate your security policy as work items, and even optionally stop the build if serious security issues are found.
- Don’t stop for false alarms: Because Veracode gives you accurate results and prioritize them based on severity, you won’t need to waste resources dealing with hundreds of false positives. We have assessed over 2 trillion lines of code in 15 languages and 70+ frameworks, and we get better with every assessment due to our rapid update cycles and continuous improvement processes. And, if something does get through, just mitigate it using the easy Veracode workflow; we’ll remember it the next time.
- Align your AppSec practices with your development practices: Do you have a large or distributed development team? Are you drowning in revision control branches? You can integrate your Azure DevOps workflows with the Veracode Developer Sandbox, which supports multiple development branches, feature teams, and other parallel development practices.
- Don’t just find vulnerabilities, fix them: Veracode gives you remediation guidance with each finding as well as the data path that an attacker would use to reach the weak point in the application. Veracode also highlights the most common sources of vulnerabilities to help prioritize remediation. In addition, when vulnerability reports don’t provide enough clarity, you can set up one-on-one developer consultations with our experts who have backgrounds in both security and software development. Show-stopping security findings show up in your teams’ list of work items automatically and are automatically updated and closed once you scan your fixed code.
- Proven onboarding process allows for scanning on day one: Want to get started quickly? The cloud-based Veracode Application Security Platform is designed to be instantly on and easy to use so that you can get started in minutes. Veracode’s services and support team can get you going quickly and make sure that you are on track to build application security into your process.
Demo of Veracode Scanning a Code :
- We have to get the Veracode details from them such as the login and other details from the welcome email sent from the Veracode team.
2. Once after we get the login details then we need to sign in to the below URL and then we may see this screen below.
3. Once we log in, we have an option to create our own project for our demo analysis.
4. Once after we register the demo project , we will be able to see the below screen.
5. Now the next step is to create a API key from the Veracode and then add it as part of the CICD using Azure DevOps.
6. Click on the API Credentials and Generate the new code as part of the CICD process.
7. Now , our next step is to create an Azure DevOps Plugin from the Marketplace.
8. Next is to login to Azure DevOps and create a new CI pipeline and then include this Veracode task.
9. Next we need to create a new Service End point to integrate our Azure DevOps with Veracode.
10 . Now let’s start the CI pipeline and then the Veracode scanning will take place while during the CI pipeline.
11. Now when we go to the Veracode Screen, we can see that the scanning is happening there and once the scanning is completed, we can download the reports accordingly.
12. Now we can go to that view report and check the detailed analysis on that page, and we have also an option to download if needed as PDF.
Based on this report we can decide whether the code must go to release or not. This is the easy way to use the Veracode Static Scanning.
Contact us for any training related queries.