In this blog Salesforce Careers and Certifications Path you will learn about different certifications paths that you can take to build a career in Salesforce.
Salesforce is a customer relationship management solution that brings companies and customers together. It’s one integrated CRM platform that gives all your departments — including marketing, sales, commerce, and service — a single, shared view of every customer.
Salesforce is one of the fastest-growing, most in-demand skillsets today. From software developers, to solutions architects, to project managers and marketing and sales professionals, Salesforce skills pay off for a variety of roles.
START HERE. GO ANYWHERE.
Salesforce Certication is the ultimate benchmark that recognizes the skills, expertise, and real-world know-how of today’s cloud specialists. Are you an Administrator who keeps Salesforce running smoothly, or Developer who builds new apps to customize and extend capabilities? Perhaps you’re an Implementation Expert or Marketing Specialist responsible for ensuring the right solutions are deployed for maximum effectiveness. Or are you an Architect who masterminds high-performance technical frameworks?
Whatever your role, achieving your goals starts with getting Salesforce Certified.
Salesforce Certification Overview
Salesforce offers a variety of certifications targeted at a range of job functions, including:
- App Builder
Salesforce Administrator certifications
This category includes the Salesforce Certified Administrator and the Salesforce Certified Advanced Administrator. The Certified Administrator certification targets experienced Salesforce professionals responsible for building reports and for managing dashboards, workflows, security, data and users, and maintenance of Salesforce applications. The Advanced Administrator certification is designed for Salesforce administrators with extensive experience and advanced knowledge of Salesforce applications and how to leverage features for optimal productivity. The Advanced Administrator takes the lower-level Administrator credential as a prerequisite.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification
Salesforce offers a single certification for professionals who build apps – the Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder. This certification is specifically designed for professionals who work with the Force.com platform and build, design, deploy, and customize Force.com apps.
Salesforce Developer Certifications
Three certifications are available – Salesforce Certified Platform Developer I and II, and Salesforce Certified Commerce Cloud Digital Developer. The Developer I and II credentials target Salesforce professionals working with the Force.com platform. Validated skills include building and programming Force.com platform apps, leveraging Visualforce and Apex to develop custom apps, and the ability to design custom app data models, logic, interfaces, and security. Developer II credential holders are also able to develop solutions for complex interfaces and implement best practices. A Commerce Cloud Digital Developer has full-stack experience developing e-commerce solutions.
Salesforce Consultant Certifications
Salesforce offers six certifications designed specifically for Salesforce professionals who are engaged in customer-facing roles and who design and implement solutions in their respective areas of expertise.
- Salesforce Certified Sales Cloud Consultant: A person with this certification designs and implements Sales Cloud solutions, including application and interface design, and manages and designs analytics for tracking purposes.
- Salesforce Certified Service Cloud Consultant: This certification recognizes individuals who design solutions for contact centers, as well as analytic solutions for metric tracking.
- Salesforce Certified Pardot Consultant: This certification aims at professionals who review business requirements, and then design, implement and maintain Pardot solutions.
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant: This certification validates a person’s ability to configure and implement Salesforce Marketing Cloud Email application tools, as well as troubleshoot platform issues.
- Salesforce Certified Community Cloud Consultant: A person with this credential implements Salesforce Communities applications, as well as helps customers configure and manage communities and troubleshoot platform issues.
- Salesforce Certified Field Service Lightning Consultant: This certification recognizes professionals who design Salesforce solutions for customers and who administer and configure Salesforce applications on customer premises.
- Salesforce Certified Einstein Analytics and Discovery Consultant: This certification recognizes a consultant’s design and implementation expertise on the Salesforce Einstein Analytics and Discovery platform.
Salesforce Architect Certifications
Salesforce revamped its approach to architect certifications beginning in 2016 to more closely align them with current and emerging customer needs. Upon visiting the Salesforce Architect Certifications page, you’ll find three architect certifications with six specialization certifications (up from a total of four certifications in early 2016):
- Salesforce Certified Technical Architect
- Salesforce Certified Application Architect
- Salesforce Certified System Architect
- Salesforce Certified Data Architecture and Management Designer
- Salesforce Certified Development Lifecycle and Deployment Designer
- Salesforce Certified Identity and Access Management Designer
- Salesforce Certified Integration Architecture Designer
- Salesforce Certified Mobile Solutions Architecture Designer
- Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer
Architect certifications form a pyramid, with Salesforce Architect Specialization certifications creating the foundation. These are the designer credentials, as well as a few other closely aligned Salesforce certifications.
Benefits of Salesforce Certification
- Salesforce Certification helps you increase your marketability in a tight IT job market and allows you to become a subject matter expert.
- When you study for Salesforce Certification, you will learn more things in detail. You get more in-depth knowledge about Salesforce.
- It helps find a good job. Employers prefer Salesforce Certified Professionals.
- More Salary. Many Salesforce Salary surveys show that Salesforce Certified professionals get more salary compared to not certified professionals.
- It helps in career growth.
- It is not only important for individual professionals but also for Salesforce implementation partners in getting more business.
For any further questions related to Salesforce Careers and Certifications, feel free to get in touch
This article has genuinely proven to be an eye-opener. This field is generally full of such a large quantity of junk, but you’ve written a real treat amongst the dross. Thanks.
Thanks for sharing such a knowledgeable Content on Salesforce.
Appreciate the recommendation! Let me try it out.
Keep working, great job!
Thanks for sharing the information I have gained from you.