Power Automate Desktop
This beginner-level course gives you hands-on experience designing and developing end-to-end RPA automation using Power Automate Desktop.
While possibilities are limitless, your time is not. This robotic process automation (RPA) workshop is a beginner-level training designed for everyone to learn automation with Microsoft Power Automate.
No matter if you’re a business expert or IT developer, you’ll learn to digitize business processes, connect all your applications to share data in real-time, and automate and optimize your business processes. This training provides practical hands-on experience to create real-world automation.
At the end of the course, you’ll be able to:
- Use Power Automate capabilities such as desktop flows and cloud flows, along with API connectors to automate a business process.
- Take advantage of form-processing models or mine several processes using AI Builder or Process Advisor.
Module 1 Make the first move with Power Automate Desktop
• Explore the console and the flow designer.
• Learn how to use the core features of the Power Automate Desktop platform.
• Create and run a flow.
Module 2 Development Essentials
• Create a flow from scratch using the flow designer.
• Learn how to use actions and variables.
• Understand the testing and debugging features of the flow designer.
• Configure the error handling properties of individual actions.
• Comprehend the use of UI elements and images.
• Use subflows to compartmentalize and reuse parts of a flow.
Module 3 Handle variables in Power Automate Desktop
• Create, edit, and manipulate variables.
• Examine the variables pane.
• Become familiar with various variable data types and their properties.
• Configure input and output variables.
Module 4 Automate repetitive tasks using loops in Power Automate Desktop
• Use simple loops to perform a given number of repetitions and iterate through data.
• Deploy loop conditions to repeat actions until a condition is met.
• Iterate through the items of a list using for each loop.
• Explicitly end loops when required.
Module 5 Adjust process behavior using conditional actions with Power Automate Desktop
• Use “If” conditionals
• Deploy “Switch” conditionals to compare a single variable with multiple possible values.
• Explore additional options when evaluating conditions.
• Provide default and alternative behaviors for flows based on the environment data.
Module 6 Configure flow control in Power Automate Desktop
• Learn how the process flow works.
• Learn how to use the flow control group of actions to direct and manipulate the flow.
Module 7 Generate Power Automate Desktop flows by recording
• Use the Desktop Recorder to generate actions automating local Windows UI-based tasks.
• Deploy the Web Recorder to automate interactions with a web browser.
• Preview and edit the automatically generated actions during and after the recording.
Module 8 Configure exception and error handling in Power Automate Desktop
Configure the exception handling properties of individual actions.
In this Power Automate Desktop Course, we’ll learn how to use Microsoft Power Automate Desktop to automate an application without code. We’ll also learn how to visually test it.
Course Duration: 1 Day (8 Hours)
Training Mode: Virtual Classroom Live (On-Demand)
Course Fee: Contact Us
Lab 1.1 Prerequisite – Setup Tenant and environment
Lab 1.2 (Optional) Prerequisite – Create a browser profile
Lab 1.3 Prerequisite – Install required software
Lab 2 – How to generate insights to optimize and automate your process using process advisor
Lab 3 Create your first Power Automate Desktop flow
Lab 4 Use Input and Output Parameters
Lab 5 – Integrate with cloud flows (create machine connection)
Lab 6 Use Outlook email to trigger desktop flows and pass input
Lab 7 Add AI model to process invoice forms
Lab 8 Integrate with Teams to get approval. E2E integration
Lab 9 Automate web scenario using Power Automate Desktop
Lab 10 Run the scenario in unattended mode
Lab 11 (Optional) Error handling
Lab 12 (Optional) – Monitor desktop flow runs and manage gateway queue