MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration
This Microsoft 365 Security Administration Training course teaches will teach how to secure your Microsoft 365 deployment and comply with industry data protections. This course focuses on securing user identity and access, threat protection, information protection, and data governance. This Microsoft 365 Security Administration Training course was designed for IT Professionals who manage and deploy security technologies for Microsoft 365 in their organization. The Microsoft 365 Security Administration Training course is for the Microsoft 365 Security Administrator job role. It helps learners prepare for the Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate exam (MS-500)
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator collaborates with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Administrator, business stakeholders and other workload administrators to plan and implement security strategies and to ensures that the solutions comply with the policies and regulations of the organization.
This role proactively secures Microsoft 365 enterprise environments. Responsibilities include responding to threats, implementing, managing and monitoring security and compliance solutions for the Microsoft 365 environment. They respond to incidents, investigations and enforcement of data governance.
The Microsoft 365 Security administrator is familiar with Microsoft 365 workloads and hybrid environments. This role has strong skills and experience with identity protection, information protection, threat protection, security management and data governance.
Module 1: User and Group Protection
This module explains how to manage user accounts and groups in Microsoft 365. It introduces you to Privileged Identity Management in Azure AD as well as Identity Protection. The module sets the foundation for the remainder of the course.
- Identity and Access Management Concepts
- Zero Trust Security
- User Accounts in Microsoft 365
- Administrator Roles and Security Groups in Microsoft 365
- Password Management in Microsoft 365 Azure AD Identity Protection
Lab: Initialize your trial tenant
Set up your Microsoft 365 tenant
Lab: Configure Privileged Identity Management
- Discover and Manage Azure Resources
- Assign Directory Roles
- Activate and Deactivate PIM Roles
- Directory Roles (General)
- PIM Resource Workflows
- View audit history for Azure AD roles in PIM
Module 2: Identity Synchronization
This module explains concepts related to synchronizing identities for Microsoft 365. Specifically, it focuses on Azure AD Connect and managing directory synchronization to ensure the right people are connecting to your Microsoft 365 system.
- Introduction to Identity Synchronization
- Planning for Azure AD Connect
- Implementing Azure AD Connect
- Managing Synchronized Identities
- Introduction to Federated Identities
Lab : Implement Identity Synchronization
- Set up your organization for identity synchronization
Module 3: Access Management
This module explains conditional access for Microsoft 365 and how it can be used to control access to resources in your organization. The module also explains Role Based Access Control (RBAC) and solutions for external access.
- Conditional access
- Manage device access
- Role Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Solutions for external access
Lab : Use Conditional Access to enable MFA
- MFA Authentication Pilot (require MFA for specific apps)
- MFA Conditional Access (complete an MFA roll out)
Module 4: Security in Microsoft 365
This module explains the various cyber-attack threats that exist. It then introduces you to the Microsoft solutions used to mitigate those threats. The module finishes with an explanation of Microsoft Secure Score and how it can be used to evaluate and report your organization’s security posture.
- Threat vectors and data breaches
- Security strategy and principles
- Security solutions in Microsoft 365
- Microsoft Secure Score
Lab : Use Microsoft Secure Score
- Improve your secure score in the Microsoft 365 Security Center
Module 5: Advanced Threat Protection
This module explains the various threat protection technologies and services available for
Microsoft 365. The module covers message protection through Exchange Online Protection, Azure Advanced Threat Protection and Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection.
- Exchange Online Protection
- Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection
- Manage Safe Attachments
- Manage Safe Links
- Azure Advanced Threat Protection
- Microsoft Defender Advanced Threat Protection
Lab : Manage Microsoft 365 Security Services
- Implement ATP Policies
Module 6: Threat Management
This module explains Microsoft Threat Management which provides you with the tools to evaluate and address cyber threats and formulate responses. You will learn how to use the Security dashboard and Azure Sentinel for Microsoft 365. The module also explains and configures Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics.
- Use the Security dashboard
- Microsoft 365 threat investigation and response
- Azure Sentinel for Microsoft 365
- Configuring Advanced Threat Analytics
Lab : Using Attack Simulator
- Conduct a simulated Spear phishing attack
Conduct simulated password attacks
Module 7: Mobility
This module focuses on securing mobile devices and applications. You will learn about Mobile Device Management and how it works with Microsoft Intune. You will also learn about how Intune and Azure AD can be used to secure mobile applications.
- Plan for Mobile Application Management
- Plan for Mobile Device Management
- Deploy Mobile Device Management
- Enroll Devices to Mobile Device Management
Lab : Configure Azure AD for Intune
- Enable Device Management
- Configure Azure AD for Intune
- Create Intune Policies
Module 8: Information Protection
The module explains how to implement Azure Information Protection and Windows Information Protection.
- Information Protection Concepts
- Azure Information Protection
- Advanced Information Protection
- Windows Information Protection
Lab : Implement Azure Information Protection and Windows Information Protection
- Implement Azure Information Protection
- Implement Windows Information Protection
Module 9: Rights Management and Encryption
This module explains information rights management in Exchange and SharePoint. The module also describes encryption technologies used to secure messages.
- Information Rights Management
- Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extension
- Office 365 Message Encryption
Lab : Configure Office 365 Message Encryption
- Configure Office 365 Message Encryption
- Validate Information Rights Management
Module 10: Data Loss Prevention
This module focuses on data loss prevention in Microsoft 365. You will learn about how to create policies, edit rules, and customize user notifications to protect your data.
- Data Loss Prevention Explained
- Data Loss Prevention Policies
- Custom DLP Policies
- Creating a DLP Policy to Protect Documents
- Policy Tips
Lab : Implement Data Loss Prevention policies
- Manage DLP Policies
- Test MRM and DLP Policies
Module 11: Cloud Application Security
This module focuses on cloud application security in Microsoft 365. The module will explain cloud discovery, app connectors, policies, and alerts. You will learn how these features work to secure your cloud applications.
- Cloud App Security Explained
- Using Cloud Application Security Information
Module 12: Compliance in Microsoft 365
This module focuses on data governance in Microsoft 365. The module will introduce you to the Compliance Manager and discuss Global Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
- Plan for compliance requirements
- Build ethical walls in Exchange Online
- Manage Retention in Email
- Troubleshoot Data Governance
Module 13: Archiving and Retention
This module explains concepts related to retention and archiving of data for Microsoft 365 including Exchange and SharePoint.
- Archiving in Microsoft 365
- Retention in Microsoft 365
- Retention policies in the Microsoft 365 Compliance Center
- Archiving and Retention in Exchange
- In-place Records Management in SharePoint
Lab : Compliance and Retention
- Initialize Compliance
- Configure retention tags and policies
Module 14: Content Search and Investigation
This module focuses on content search and investigations. The module covers how to use eDiscovery to conduct advanced investigations of Microsoft 365 data. It also covers audit logs and discusses GDPR data subject requests.
- Content Search
- Audit Log Investigations
- Advanced eDiscovery
Lab : Manage Search and Investigation
- Investigate your Microsoft 365 Data
- Conduct a Data Subject Request
Contact Us for any query related to this course MS-500: Microsoft 365 Security Administration (Microsoft 365 Security Administration Training)