- So, What is Python
- Why Python is so popular as a programming choice
- Where Python stands in terms of popularity, jobs, salary
- Where you can use Python
- What else is required with Python
- Which companies use Python
- Is there Python certification
- How should I start learning Python now
Hello friends, I am hearing lots of questions related to Python and listing some common questions around the internet.
- Why should I learn Python?
- Does Python have a future anymore?
- Is python still popular?
- How about the job opportunities in the market?
- Where actually Python is being used in the present scenario?I mean who uses it these days?
- Let’s say If I decided to learn python anyways then from where I should start learning Python?
Well, if you are having any of those questions in your mind then you must read this blog. I would discuss why python is still popular and why you should learn it.
I would cover:
- What is Python
- What makes python so popular, even in 2020
- Where can you use Python
- Which companies use it
- Is there any Python programming certification
- How you can start learning Python
Here is the youtube video where I explained the same thing:
So, What is Python
Let’s understand a brief overview about Python programming.
- Python is a high-level multi-purpose object-oriented and interpreted language. You would soon know why I said multipurpose language like a swiss army knife 😉
- Python was created in 1989 by Guido V Rossum
- He was a big fan of Monty Python’s flying circus, so he kept his language name based on this circus
Why Python is so popular as a programming choice
- Easy to learn with a simple syntax, no semicolons, no curly bracket, no typedef, etc.
- You can do the same task but with fewer lines of code as compared to other high-level programming languages like Java.
- Open-source and Very good and active developer community to help
- Awesome modules to make your work easier
- Portability (Cross-platform) and Extensibility (C/C++, Java)
- Being used by almost everyone be it Software Engineer, Mathematicians, Data Scientist, Hackers, Data Analysts, Cloud Engineers, Network Engineers and so on.
Where Python stands in terms of popularity, jobs, salary
Here is the Tiobe Index for Python.
Well if you are wondering what Tiobe Index is. In short, it is the index which shows the popularity of programming languages. The index is updated monthly.
Github repo for Python
Stackoverflow for Python tag
Job Lists in India for Python
Python would surely fetch you Good Salary
It widely popular in almost every country. Salary may vary but Python Programmers with other hot skills are highly paid engineers anywhere.
Where you can use Python
- Web Development: django, flask, bottle, web2py, pylon (now pyramid)
- Testing frameworks using selenium, pytest, robot
- Gaming Development (tkinter, wxpython, pygame, pyqt, kivy)
- AI/ML : scikit-learn, tensorflow, opencv (OCR, Image recognition), keras
- Data Science: numpy, pandas,matplotlib
- Exploit Development
- Network Programming
- Cloud Native Application Development
- Web Scraping
- Automate your repeating tasks using Python
What else is required with Python
Well, Python alone is not going to win you the race. You need a company. It can be any sort of combination like AWS, DevOps and Python or Cloud Security and Python or DevSecOps and Python. Below image shows what skills you need today along with Python.
Which companies use Python
- Almost every company deals with automation, CI/CD, AI/ML, Security, etc.
Is there Python certification
Yes, There is Python Certification available as well with Entry, Associate and Professional level. Here is the link: https://pythoninstitute.org/certification/
How should I start learning Python now
- First of all, I would expect you to install Python 3.x if not already installed. Download the latest version from here: https://www.python.org/downloads/
- Check if Python is working by typing python –version in terminal (cmd)
- You should get familiar with Python official Doc used for Python basic tutorials.
- This should be in your book-shelf and learn really the hard way with this book. Learn python hard way
- I have created a github repo where I keep updating the real-world python examples.
- You can always use online resources like Coursera, EdX, Flexmind, etc.
- Or ask your doubt here as a comment here and I will try to help you by creating requested videos or by guiding you in the right path.
I hope you have got pretty much an idea why still Python is still popular and why you should learn Python. If you have anything to share, please do post a comment.
He is a seasoned professional having 12+ years of experience in Cybersecurity, Cloud Security, and Python for automation. He teaches topics in Cybersecurity and DevSecOps i.e. AWS Security Hands-on, Terraform, Container Security, Security Automation using Python, Python for AWS etc.
He is an author and technical reviewers of many technical books associated with PackT and Manning. When he gets free time, he uses to work on his github projects which you can check out here: Sanjeev’s Git hub repo