MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams
Course: Microsoft Teams Admin Training (MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams)
Course Duration: 5 days
Course Fee: Contact Us
Training Mode: ILT/VILT (On-Demand)
Candidates for this exam are Microsoft Teams Administrators for their organization. The Microsoft Teams Administrator configures, deploys, and manages Office 365 workloads for Microsoft Teams that focus on efficient and effective collaboration and communication in an enterprise environment.
The Teams Administrator must be able to plan, deploy, and manage Teams chat, apps, channels, meetings, audio conferencing, live events, and calling. The Teams Administrator is also responsible for upgrading from Skype for Business to Teams.
The Teams Administrator collaborates with Telephony engineers to integrate advanced voice features into Microsoft Teams. This role is not responsible for configuring direct routing, configuring call routing, or integrating telephony. The Teams Administrator may work with other workload administrator roles, including security and compliance, messaging, networking, identity, and devices.
Candidates for this exam should be proficient at managing Teams settings by using PowerShell. The Teams Administrator has a fundamental understanding of integration points with apps and services, including but not limited to SharePoint, OneDrive for Business, Exchange, Azure AD, and Office 365 Groups. The Teams Administrator understands how to integrate external apps and services.
Module 1: Microsoft Teams Overview
- Lesson 1 – Overview of Microsoft Teams: In this lesson, you will learn what Microsoft Teams is used for, the architecture of Microsoft Teams, how Microsoft Teams interacts with SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, how Microsoft Teams interacts with Exchange, voice communication capabilities of Teams, explain Microsoft Teams integration with Office 365, how Microsoft Power Platform integrates with Teams.
- Lesson 2 – Overview of security and compliance in Microsoft Teams: In this lesson, you will learn about the specialized Microsoft Teams Admin Roles, the role of Azure Active Directory for Teams, an overview of Office 365 Group, an overview about Microsoft 365 security and compliance.
- Lesson 3 – Overview of managing Microsoft Teams: In this lesson, you will learn about the different rollout paths for Teams, the importance of a user adoption plan when deploying Teams, different licensing options for Teams, the importance of governance for Teams, benefits of appropriate lifecycle management for Teams, management tools are available for Teams, different clients available, to work with Teams content
Module 2: Implement Microsoft Teams Governance, Security and Compliance
- Lesson 1 – Implement Governance and Lifecycle Management for Microsoft Teams: In this lesson you will learn about governance in Office 365 Groups, create and manage Office 365 Groups, configure Office 365 Groups classification, configure Office 365 Group expiration policy, configure Office 365 Groups naming policy, analyzing Microsoft Teams usage reports, analyzing Office 365 usage reports.
- Lesson 2 – Implement Security for Microsoft Teams: In this lesson you will learn about Microsoft Teams authentication, configure Conditional Access and Multi Factor Authentication (MFA) for Microsoft Teams, assign Microsoft Teams admin roles, implement Threat Management for Microsoft Teams, describe security reports and alerts for Microsoft Teams
- Lesson 3 – Implement Compliance for Microsoft Teams: In this lesson you will learn about how unified labeling works and how to configure them, how to create retention policies, generate Data Loss Prevention policies to protect against data leakage, create and manage eDiscovery cases and supervision policies, configure supervision policies for reviewing communication, activate the scoped directory search in Teams, manage data subject request cases in context of GDPR, understand how information barrier policies work and how to create them, configure alert policies for events in Microsoft Teams
Module 3: Prepare the environment for a Microsoft Teams deployment
- Lesson 1 – Upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams: In this lesson you will learn about different upgrade paths for coexistence and upgrade modes, manage the migration for meetings, configure coexistence and upgrade settings
- Lesson 2 – Plan and configure network settings for Microsoft Teams: In this lesson you will learn about the network requirements of Microsoft Teams, work with the Network Planner tool, utilize the Network Test Companion, understand the required network ports and protocols, configure reporting labels for Microsoft Teams, implement Quality of Service in your environment
- Lesson 3 – Deploy and Manage Microsoft Teams endpoints: In this lesson you will learn how to deploy Microsoft Teams to devices, manage device settings and firmware, manage configuration profiles, configure Microsoft Teams Rooms.
Module 4: Deploy and manage teams
- Lesson 1 – Create and manage teams: In this lesson you will learn how to create new teams, create teams from existing resources, configure restrictions on team creation, create an org-wide team, manage teams, manage private and public channels , manage privacy levels of teams, Archive, restore from archive, delete and restore deleted teams
- Lesson 2 – Manage membership: In this lesson you will learn how to manage users in a team, configure dynamic membership for teams, manage user access with Azure AD access reviews
- Lesson 3 – Manage access for external users: In this lesson you will learn how to external access and guest access, how to manage external access and guest access, manage external access in Azure Active Directory, configure external access in Microsoft Teams, manage guest access in Microsoft Teams
Module 5: Manage collaboration in Microsoft Teams
- Lesson 1 – Manage chat and collaboration experiences: In this lesson you will learn how to create and modify messaging policies, design teams policies for channel creation and discovery, configure the org-wide settings for teams, manage the creation of private channels within the Teams client, control the email integration of teams, organize the file sharing functions from the Teams client, understand how to set up channel moderation in teams.
- Lesson 2- Manage settings for Teams apps: In this lesson you will learn about an overview of Teams apps admin settings, Apps, bots, & connectors in Microsoft Teams, manage app permission policies, configure app setup policies, manage custom app policies and settings, publish a custom app in Microsoft Teams
Module 6: Manage communication in Microsoft Teams
- Lesson 1 – Manage Live event and meetings experiences: In this lesson you will learn understand meetings and conferencing in Microsoft Teams, set up conference bridges, manage meeting policies, configure meeting settings, explain Live events in Microsoft Teams, manage Live events policies, configure Live events settings, integrate Yammer Live events.
- Lesson 2 – Manage phone numbers: In this lesson you will learn how to evaluate PSTN connectivity solution, explain how to get new phone numbers, manage emergency addresses, manage phone numbers for users, manage voice settings for users.
- Lesson 3 – Manage Phone System for Microsoft Teams: In this lesson you will learn how to create and manage resource accounts, create and manage call queues, create and manage auto attendants, configure call park policies, configure policies to manage calling capabilities, describe Teams Direct Routing, explain Teams addon licensing.
- Lesson 4 – Troubleshot audio, video, and client issues: In this lesson you will learn how to do Teams troubleshooting, optimize call quality by using Call Analytics, analyze call quality by using Call Quality Dashboard.