How to add Power apps Canvas Apps to Microsoft Teams
Hi everyone in this blog you will learn How to add Power Apps Canvas apps to Microsoft Teams. We will also call a chat bot developed in power virtual agent through app. Follow below steps to add Canvas Apps to Microsoft Teams.
- Create Bot with PVA (Power Virtual Agent)
- Canvas app to launch chat bot
- Add canvas app to MS Teams
Create Bot using Power Virtual Agent
I hope you all would have come across Microsoft’s Power Virtual Agent. If not please follow this link to start with. Here I will not discuss about how to create a Bot because we have already covered this in our earlier blog. Once you are ready with your bot now we can proceed to next step.
Develop Canvas App to Launch Chat Bot
- Navigate to Power Apps and create a canvas app.
- Add a button to the app. Here in my case I have added “Chat with Bot” button.
- OnSelect write Launch(“https://powerva.microsoft.com/webchat/bots/c31fce02-7a01-4277-9e1b-80b64047ffe6”)
You can get this link by following below steps
- Navigate to Power Virtual Agent site.
- Click on channels under Manage tab.
- Copy link from “Share Your Website”
Add Canvas App to Microsoft Teams
- Login to your MS Teams via web link.
- Select the channel and click on plus (+) icon
- Add a tab > Click on PowerApps
- Select the desired canvas app
Now you will able to see the tab under your channel.
When you will click on the Chat with Bot button, it will open a chat in a web browser like below.
Hope, you all will like this post, if so please share it. In addition, subscribe our site for more stuffs on latest technologies. Also in comment section, let us know what you want us to write in upcoming blog series.
If you are looking to learn Power Apps & Power Automate quickly then enroll for our Power Apps & Power Automation training here
Please refer below Microsoft official sites which can be helpful to understand this article.
Rakesh is a Solution Architect having 11 years experience in banking domain designing enterprise level applications on Microsoft technologies. He has strong experience working on Azure, SharePoint, PowerApps & Flow.
Apart from technology, I like to play badminton.